So, today is the last day of Touchstone Pictures with the release of The Light Between Oceans, the last DreamWorks film under the Disney agreement, was out in US cinemas now. However, let’s have a look back at the history of Touchstone Pictures:
- February 15th 1984: Touchstone was formed by Disney CEO Ron W Miller.
- Its first film was Splash, with a box office hit.
- Disney’s first R-rated film released 30 years ago was Down & Out in Beverly Hills.
- Touchstone understand to release DreamWorks films between 2011 and 2016.
- In 2012, Disney weights on Touchstone’s future, with a possible sale.
- Disney final R-rated film was The Fifth Estate, release on 18th October 2013.
- Disney and DreamWorks braking relation today after five years of partnering.
So, Touchstone Pictures will now be facing extinction? What can you do with that now! Shutting down or selling to Warner Bros? It’s a hard question to say but i think that what can Disney do after Touchstone finally disappeared as a Disney studio?
MGM should now allowed to finally signing the distribution deal with the Walt Disney Pictures brand, also includes Marvel Studios.
So for now, what’s your favourite Touchstone Pictures film? Leave us a comment on that.